Monday, June 28, 2010

Room 3

I think this has been the most successful inquiry unit that I have taught. We used the school inquiry intersection effectively. I placed the children into mixed ability groups and then set them off on their journey. We displayed where the children were working on the intersection and it was their responsibility to move their group car as they moved around it. I felt this worked well as the children were all very aware of where they were and what they needed to do next. SOLO was quite a big part of this inquiry and I felt we used it well and now have a better understanding of it. Next term I will begin to incorporate SOLO into other learning areas as I feel the children are ready to use it on a wider scale. I dont think that we used the apply stage of the intersection very effectively and so am looking forward to next term and making the apply stage happen. All in all, a fantastic inquiry with fantastic children.

No comments: