Wednesday, June 23, 2010

By Louise

This has been a great inquiry for lots of hands on learning and exploring. When I was at Teachers College I did an assignment on how important it is with environmental education to each children to love the world before you burden them with trying to save it. So our learning in Room 5 was largely centered around this concept. Something I felt that I didn't do well last term with inquiry was to integrate it into othe curriculum areas, so this was something I wanted to ensure I did better this term. The children really enjoyed growing their plants which we were able to link into maths and measurement. Our trip to the recycling center and windfarm were highlights for our class, and also making recycled paper. I have found it quite teacher intensive getting the children creating their comic lifes and uploading these on to the blog, but we are getting there! We have also created photo stories and lots of artwrk around this topic so it has been well integrated to all areas of our classroom.

No comments: